Obviously, we know all parents will support their child. We do, however, also advise that it is very important parents support their coach, manager and club. As a parent, we ask you to:
- Familiarize yourself with the club’s Mission, Vision, Core Values and Strategic plans.
- Be an advocate for the club.
- Be knowledgeable of the game.
- Encourage fair play at home.
- Focus on good nutrition.
- Be supportive; i.e. Be sure the player attends practices; pick him/her up on time.
- Watch practices; focus on new strategies.
- Ask your own children to describe his/her role, what new skills have been learned.
- Find soccer on TV, watch games with children.
- Attend games.
- Be positive or quiet at games.
- Be calm and have good manners.
- Support the coach’s and referee’s decisions.
- Concentrate on praising other people’s children during games.
- Volunteer to help the coach.
- Encourage communication between coach and parent.
- Read newspaper articles about older soccer players’ successes; provide models for your own children.
- Become a referee.
- Play the game of soccer.
- Support the club by volunteering and/or donating.
- Meet your financial obligation to the club/team.
- Take your kids to watch other TSC Hurricane matches in support of the club.