TSC Hurricane is committed to providing youth soccer activities to every eligible player who wishes to participate. The Tulsa Soccer Foundation, Inc. was created as a non-profit (501-c3) for the purpose of providing financial assistance to those players in need as well as to help support the development of soccer facilities. A portion of these funds are earmarked for player assistance. The Tulsa Soccer Foundation, Inc. provides a limited amount of financial aid to children whose families are unable to pay the full cost of registration and/or club fees. As a non-profit organization, the Tulsa Soccer Foundation is required by IRS rules to qualify financial aid based on fairly applied guidelines. The Foundation grants financial aid on the basis of financial need (NOT player ability) and requires information to determine the need for financial assistance.
All players seeking financial assistance are required to apply on line (See Left Menu for Application). The Financial Aid Committee of the Tulsa Soccer Foundation will review your request once we receive ALL required documentation and the on-line application completed. You or your team will be notified on the decision within 10 days of your request. All information on this form will remain confidential. Please note that a financial aid request form must be completed for each seasonal year.
Please Note: The number of players awarded Financial Assistance will be limited to no more than 5% of the TOTAL number of players registered with the club for that seasonal year. Awards will be based on: 1) financial need severity including additional criteria (see below)*; and 2) date of submission. Once the allocated 5% of financial aid is awarded, no further applications will be honored. Eligibility criteria include qualification for Federal Student Lunch Assistance or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Players can also work with their respective teams on financial assistance, fundraising opportunities and/or assistance with obtaining a sponsor.
If a player is approved for financial assistance based on the information submitted, a player may be awarded any one or combination of the following awards:
1) Registration Fees - $100-$200 credit based on level of qualification
2) Monthly Club Fees - Approximately 80% or 50% credit based on level of qualification (Competitive). Juniors scholarship amounts will vary based on program and need.
Exact scholarship amounts for Competitive and Juniors will be indicated in the official scholarship notification email.
There will NOT be a check sent to the players or teams but the team accounts will be credited based on the award levels. In addition, this financial assistance is NOT intended for player equipment, travel, tournaments, uniforms or other player/team expenses.
Players accepting this financial aid also is an agreement of obligation to TSC Hurricane. TSC Hurricane is making an investment in the player. Therefore, players should understand that if they ever choose to transfer to another club, they will not be granted a release until they pay back the full amount of financial aid awarded.
Other expectations of the Parent/Player Applying for Financial Aid:
All Player Recipients of financial aid are required to provide a minimum of 5 volunteer hours each season (example: assist in training younger players, working tournament or field work day)
*Besides financial need, additional criteria the Committee will consider:
• Attempts made by team to fund the player.
• Additional fundraising efforts on the player’s behalf.
• Level of involvement of applicant in youth soccer, as a player, helping other players, referee, or coach.
• Level of involvement of applicant’s family (parents, siblings) in youth soccer.
• Level of involvement in extracurricular activities (school, community).
** Note: All applicants will be treated similarly regardless of sex, race, color, creed or religious beliefs
Other considerations will be based on input from the coach regarding the following (this will not be a consideration if the player is new and the coach has no experience with the applicant):
1) Is the player regularly at practice on time?
2) Is the player regularly at games on time?
5) Does the player/parent(s) willingly volunteer for team and club commitments (i.e., fundraisers, field duty, tournament duty)?
6) Has the parent/player made a genuine effort to help fulfill their financial commitments?