In addition to getting your team ready for registration here is a check list of SOME things to do at the beginning of the season:
- A team checking account should be opened. This can be opened as a personal account DBA your team name. Be sure to record all checks before depositing them. You may wish to make photocopies.
- Set up an account on SombreroPay.com. This will provide you a very easy method for sending parents invoices on-line, collecting payment on-line and keeping track of all outstanding dues, etc.
- Team communications: Set up a team account at Rainedout.com. This will provide you a vehicle to send text message updates to your team parents/players. Your parents/players would just need to enter their cell numbers into your account. If you also need a phone "HotLine" please send a request to email@example.com
- Training sessions: There will be a process communicated for scheduling your training sessions.
- No play dates. GCSA/OSA will email Team Managers the option of selecting no-play dates during the season. Please have your calendar worked out with the coach so that you can enter your no-play dates to avoid reschedules.
- Set a budget based on expected expenses for the year and then begin collecting dues in August based on your budget divided by the number of players. A sample budget template is attached in this module if needed.
- Referee payments. League referee fees are a team expense and should be included in your team budget.
- Schedule a team meeting and review the year calendar, plans, etc. so everyone is aware of the expectations and plans for the year.
- Review the Manager Tool Box and ensure all Players and Parents review their expectations which can be found on this site. There are also helpful links located on this site. Please review the OSA, GCSA sites for league rules, policies and procedures.