- NPL Travel Rosters will be selected and announced in advance to plan for travel, etc. Travel Rosters may not include all players on the NPL “travel pool”.
- NPL Travel Squads will be expected to travel together on buses on "club sponsored" NPL trips.
All NPL teams are expected to follow travel expectations on website. Travel together, dress the same and have a professional appearance. Club Travel Guidelines.
NPL Travel Squads
- NPL “travel pool” rosters will be formed by the NPL coaches’ decisions on where players should be placed based on calendar year (Jan-Dec)
- There is no change to their regular OSA competitive team. NPL training/participation will served as a compliment with training/match schedules being managed by the coaches/club so that conflicts between OSA and NPL events are minimized as much as possible.
- U13 (00s) & U14 (99s) players placed/travel pools formed in July/Aug
U15 (98s), U16 (97s) and U17/18 (96s/95s) formed in Sept/Oct
- Being an NPL player as a higher standard and therefore the club will expect a higher level of professionalism. Players will be expected to meet high standards of behavior and training for all NPL events. Player Expectations.
- Travel itineraries will be communicated to parents prior to each NPL event.
- NPL teams train together as additional training to compliment their OSA training (Specific NPL training schedule will be set by each coach.)
- Players will get exposure to other NPL coaches and players that they normally may not experience with their OSA Competitive team
- NPL player fees cover the costs of player transportation for players traveling on "Club Sponsored" trips.
- Hotels will be booked at 3-4 players per room for traveling players on "club sponsored trips". Players traveling will be expected to share in the hotel and their share of food costs. Exact costs for each trip will be communicated by each respective Age Group Coordinator (AGC).
- Based on space availability, we would extend an invitation for parents to ride on the buses on club sponsored trips who could also help in being chaperones. The parents would just pay their portion of the per seat costs for the bus. AGC will communicate those details for each trip.
- All travel costs associated with all NON club sponsored trips will be the responsibility of each respective parent/player traveling.
2014 Spring MDL Play Dates (Click here for complete schedule)
February 22/23 - U13 & U14 reschedule at SLSG clubs in St. Louis*
March 2- Springfield SC @ ISSC (U13-18)
March 30- Sporting BV @ ISSC (U13-18)
April 5/6- MDL Spring Showcase in St. Louis (U13-18)*
April 12/13 - SLSG-Metro & SLSG St. Louis @ ISSC (only U15,16 & 18)
April 19- at Springfield SC (only U15, 16 & 18)
April 26/27- Cross Conference Showcase in St. Louis (U13-18)*
May 3/4- at SLSG St. Louis and SLSG Metro (U13-18)*
May 10- at Sporting BV (only U15, 16 & 18)
ISSC - Indian Springs Soccer Complex