adidas Sam Shannon Showcase RULES OF PLAY
RULES OF PLAY Except as otherwise provided herein, the rules of USYSA and FIFA “Laws of the Game” shall govern this tournament.
Age: The age groups for this tournament shall be in accordance with the USYSA age groups for the current seasonal year. Divisions for single age years will be implemented if there are enough entries as determined by the tournament committee.
Registration. All players must be currently registered with their respective USSF National Affiliate. Travel forms are required based on your national affiliation requirements.
Tournament Participants: All teams must abide by the Oklahoma Soccer Association’s and US Youth’s policies, rules, and regulations and are subject to their disciplinary actions. All teams wishing to participate in the tournament that are not US Youth members will be required to provide proof of medical & liability insurance. Any team that cannot provide such proof will be required to purchase the Oklahoma Soccer Association’s event insurance. (Please see note about insurance company and cost under “MATTERS NOT PROVIDED FOR”.
1. Teams shall have no more than 22 rostered players in U15-19 and 18 for all other age groups.
2. Teams playing in the Showcase age groups (U15-19) of the tournament may have an unlimited number of guest players.
Proof of Age: All players and coaches must have current USSF National affiliation (i.e. US Club or USYS) Player ID cards.
Team Acceptances: In the event the tournament is a sell out, teams will be accepted using the following criteria:
- Date of application (and payment status) Payments are due by the tournament deadline. Teams that submit payments after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list.
- Travel accommodations status
- Team/club history and participation in previous TSCH events
- Geographic balance
- Club affiliation
1. All teams must have their official rosters, National affiliation ID cards, travel permission (where required), guess player forms (where required) and Medical Release Forms approved at the official registration and team check-in, which will be held on the evening prior to the beginning of the tournament.
2. There will be a $50 check-in fee for any team not checking in their team during the official registration period. The official registration period will be from 7 – 9:30 pm on the night prior to games.
3. Game check-in will be done at the field by the referee.
DURATION OF THE GAME
Showcase will be a round-robin format only (3 games). The length of games for each age group shall be as follows:
Age Bracket Game Times Format Team Size
U 15-19 (Showcase) Two 35-minute halves 11v11 22
U 13-14 (Friendship) Two 30-minute halves 11v11 18
U 11-12 (Friendship) Two 30-minute halves 9v9 16
U 9-10 (Friendship) Two 25-minute halves 7v7 14
U 8 (Friendship) Four 12 Min Qtrs 4v4 8
Halftime periods shall be a maximum of five (5) minutes.
Semi-finals and Finals: There are no semi-finals or finals. Teams will play a "showcase" round-robin format in all age divisions.
Unfinished Games: If the referee terminates a game and neither team is at fault, it shall be considered a completed game if the first half has been completed.
IMPORTANT: The game clock will not be stopped because of injury to any player unless, at the discretion of the referee, if the injured player must be removed from the field by medical personnel. In case of extremely hot or humid conditions water breaks may be designated by the tournament director. Due to the time allowed for the completion of all games, the clock must run continuously.
Inclement Weather/Field Conditions: In the event of inclement weather, the tournament committee reserves the right to modify all tournament rules in order to safely and fairly end the tournament successfully. Games may be shortened or eliminated in case of inclement weather or unplayable field conditions. Coaches are asked to be patient and remain flexible – changing the format of the tournament is a major undertaking.
The Tournament Director has the authority to temporarily suspend play due to unsafe weather conditions. Teams should remain (safely in cars or under shelter) in the vicinity for game resumption. If lightning is sighted, the tournament director will immediately suspend play and clear the field. Play will resume after 25 consecutive minutes of no lightning.
* NO refunds are given once teams have been accepted.
REFEREES All divisions will use a three-person referee system. The Tournament Committee shall have the right to select a club linesperson from a team if necessary.
1. Each team’s jersey/shorts must be all the same color, and they must be numbered (no duplicate numbers).
2. OME team will wear light colored jersey. VISITOR will wear dark color jersey. The home team is responsible for changing jerseys in case of color duplication. The home team is the first team listed in the schedule.
3. Shinguards are required for all players.
4. Goalkeepers are allowed to wear headgear.
5. Casts must be completely covered with at least two (2) inches of foam padding and totally wrapped with an elastic bandage and approved by the head referee of each game. Any player playing with a cast must have a written release from a doctor.
6. In the interest of safety, any player sustaining an open wound MUST be removed from the field of play immediately. The player may be substituted at this time. Such players are not allowed to return to the field until any wounds are treated, bandaged, and all blood is removed from their uniforms.
Substitutions shall be unlimited. Substitutions may be made with the consent of the referee at the following times:
1. Prior to a throw-in in your favor.
2. Prior to a goal kick by either team.
3. After a goal by either team.
4. After any injury by either team when the referee stops play (only one player may be substituted per team).
5. At half time.
6. A yellow-carded player may be substituted for, but this must be done before restart of play. The other team may substitute one player with the permission of the referee.
Points will be awarded as follows:
3 points for a win
1 points for a tie
0 points for a loss
Showcase format: Teams will play three (3) games each in a round-robin format. Brackets of 3 or 4 will be formed depending on the number of teams accepted in an age group. Tournament Director may (at his/her discretion) switch teams 3rd matches based on the results of the 1st two round-robin games to help optimize the competitiveness of the 3rd match.
1. A forfeit will be declared if a team fails to report 10 minutes before the scheduled game time with at least seven (7) rostered players. For U-12 and younger, at least five (5) players shall be required to start the game.
2. Any team that quits the field of play before the conclusion of the game will forfeit the game and is subject to disqualification in the tournament at the discretion of the Tournament Committee.
3. A team that forfeits a game for any reason will not advance.
4. When the situation warrants, the Tournament Committee can declare a double forfeit to both teams with no points scored for the game. This could be done in the case of unsportsmanlike behavior by both teams, etc.
5. A team that forfeits or drops from the tournament will receive a 0-3 loss to the other team with full points given. Any team that drops after the team acceptance will be placed in bad-standing with the tournament and will be reported to their appropriate National and/or State Association. NO refunds will be given to teams who drop after the team acceptance notifications have been sent.
1. Since this is a Showcase format, no protests will be accepted and the referee’s decisions will be considered final.
PLAYER and/or TEAM OFFICAL SUSPENSIONS
1. An individual may receive more than a one-game suspension (i.e. if for violent conduct/fighting). A substitution will be permitted for an ejected player in “showcase” games U15-19). An ejected player in a showcase game must be suspended from that game. However, that player may participate in the next scheduled “showcase” game (unless the incident was for violent conduct/fighting).
2. If a coach or team official is ejected from a game, from the point of ejection until the period of suspension is satisfied, the suspended individual must remain out of sight or sound of the playing field. The “sight and sound” rule may be invoked in the case of an ejected player, at the discretion of the referee or the Tournament Committee. At minimum, an ejected player must leave the player/bench are of the field and must remain silent for the duration of the game.
3. The referees may suspend play when necessary due to spectator interference until the individual(s) creating the disturbance leaves the playing area (minimum of 100 yards from the field). Said individual(s) shall remain silent for the duration of the game. Failure to observe this rule may result in forfeiture of the game as well as further disciplinary action.
MATTERS NOT PROVIDED FOR
The Rules Committee shall determine any matter not provided for in the tournament rules. In addition, the Rules Committee may amend the tournament rules when, in its judgment, the amendment will be beneficial to the conduct of the tournament. The decision of the Rules Committee shall be final.
Oklahoma Soccer Association’s Event insurance: Provide by Bollinger Insurance: a club/event can purchase insurance coverage for teams that are not US Youth at $7 per teams along with a $50 administrative fee.